Friday, August 7, 2009

Laser/Sunfish Sailing - Piracy!

Last night the weather was great with temperature in the mid 70s, light but very doable winds, and a beautiful sunset for nine sailors (including three Sunfish) and PRO Don Bennett to enjoy. We sailed many very informal races with separate Laser and Sunfish starts as usual. Before we finished I owed Don a beer, but I'm not telling why.

Near the end of the evening Brandon Dickerman committed an act of priracy! He sailed up broadside to his prey. He didn't fire any cannons, but he did board the other vessel, commandeer it, and throw its captain, David Gilman, overboard. Of course that left the pirate vessel abandoned since I have yet to see anyone who can sail two Lasers simultaneously. Captain Gilman then captured the pirate vessel. I think he actually got the better end of the deal.

We're looking for another great time on the water tomorrow at 3PM for our regular Saturday late afternoon Laser/Sunfish sailing with similar weather to last night. Hope to see you there. Where else would you rather be?

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment